MIAMI VALLEY — Storm damage was reported throughout the Miami Valley Wednesday evening.
The National Weather Service confirmed at least one tornado occurred in Miami County near West Milton and Tipp City.
NWS said they also believe additional damage is believed to have been caused by tornadoes but are working to confirm this with storm surveys over the next few days.
>>PHOTOS: Funnel clouds, storm damage across the Miami Valley
The NWS also confirmed reports of damage in Southeastern Darke County, south of Pitsburg around 5:40 pm and Clark County near Lawrenceville around 6:35 pm
They said they will plan for surveys to assess more damage Thursday morning.
They ask anyone who has observed any weather-related damage to report it to them on social media or by calling 937-383-0031.
Damage was also reported in the following areas:
- On Woodthrush Road, near Upper Valley Pike in Clark County, crews were called to reports of a tree that fell into a house, possibly caused by a tornado-warned storm around 7:30 pm
>> ‘It was a just a ball of fury:’ Strong storms bring damage to Clark County
- On Fountain Road and Kensington Road in Springfield police and fire crews are reporting multiple downed wires and trees in the area. The roads were blocked most of Wednesday night but were opened Thursday.
- On Upper Valley Pike at Fox Hollow Road there were reports of large downed trees in Clark County.
>> Share your weather photos & videos with us
- In the 600 block of Schnorf-Jones Road in Darke County there are reports of downed barns and damaged homes, according to initial emergency scanner traffic.
>> Man shares his experience after suspected tornado causes car to flip multiple times in Darke County
- The Meijer Distribution Center in Miami County has reportedly suffered storm damage, according to witness reports. Police are encouraging people to stay home and stay off the roads were tornado damage has been reported.
>> Meijer Distribution Center in Tipp City damaged following tornado
- In the 2900 block of North Dayton Lakeview Road near New Carlisle there are reports of downed trees.
©2022 Cox Media Group