USWNT vs. Uzbekistan – International Friendly
Date: April 9, 2022
Venue: Lower.com Field; Columbus, Ohio
broadcast: FOX, ViX
Broadcast Time: 5 p.m. ET on FOX
Official Kickoff Time: 5:30 p.m. ET
Starting XI vs. Uzbekistan: 1-Alyssa Naeher, 2-Abby Dahlkemper, 5-Kelley O’Hara (Capt.), 9-Mallory Pugh, 10-Lindsey Horan, 11-Sophia Smith, 15-Alana Cook, 16-Rose Lavelle, 17-Andi Sullivan , 19-Emily Fox, 20-Catarina Macario
Available Subs: 6-Jaelin Howell, 7-Ashley Hatch, 8-Sofia Huerta, 13-Ashley Sanchez, 21-Aubrey Kingsbury, 22-Kristie Mewis, 23-Margaret Purce
Not Dressing: Bella Bixby, Imani Dorsey, Naomi Girma, Trinity Rodman
GAME NOTES | FIVE THINGS TO KNOW – UZBEKISTAN
- USWNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): O’Hara (151), Horan (109), Naeher (80), Dahlkemper (78), Pugh (71), Lavelle (70), Sullivan (26), Macario (16), Smith (14), Fox (12) ), Cook (8)
- The starting lineup averages 26.8 years of age, with only two players – O’Hara (33-years-old) and Naeher (33) – above the age of 30. Five players – Cook (24), Pugh (23), Fox (23), Macario (22) and Smith (21) – are under the age of 25.
- The lineup averages 57 caps per player with O’Hara (151) and Horan (109) the most capped players on this roster and in the camp overall. All six 2019 World Cup champions called into the April training camp are in this starting lineup. Cook is the only player in the lineup with single-digit caps.
- Vlatko Andonovski coached and won his first ever match with the USWNT in Columbus, Ohio, a 3-2 win over Sweden on Nov. 7, 2019. Four players from Andonovski’s first-ever starting lineup with the USWNT are in tonight’s XI in Columbus: Naeher, Dahlkemper, Horan and Lavelle.
- Defender Kelley O’Hara will earn her 151st cap overall as she captains the US for the third time in 2022 and the fourth time in her now 13-year career with the USWNT. O’Hara has played the full 90 minutes in five of her last six outings for the USWNT.
- Goalkeeper Alyssa Naeher will earn her 80th international cap as she makes her second start of 2022 for the USWNT. Naeher is just the third goalkeeper and 46th USWNT player overall to reach 80 caps. She has 46 shutouts in her 79 previous international appearances, the highest shutout percentage by any goalkeeper in USWNT history with 25 or more caps.
- Naeher returned to the field on Feb. 20 and recorded a shutout in her first match for club or for country in 202 days after suffering a serious knee injury in the Olympic semifinal on Aug. 2, 2021, when she was forced to leave the match in the 30th minute.
- Abby Dahlkemper will see her first action of the year with the USWNT as she earns her 78th cap overall. Dahlkemper, who missed the 2022 SheBelieves Cup due to a back injury, will now have started in 70 of her 78 career caps.
- Mallory Pughwho led the USA in scoring with three goals at the 2022 SheBelieves Cup, will make her third start of 2022 as she earns her 71st career cap. After her two-goal, one-assist performance against Iceland in her last action for the USWNT, Pugh now has 21 international goals and 21 international assists. The 23-year-old Pugh is just the 24th player in USWNT history with 20+ goals and 20+ assists, and just the eighth to reach the 20/20 milestone before the age of 25.
- Lindsey Horan is set to earn her 109th cap overall as she makes her first appearance of 2022 for the USWNT. Horan missed the 2022 SheBelieves Cup while recovering from a knee issue but has since returned to action for her new club, Olympique Lyon. The 2021 US Soccer Female Player of the Year, Horan is the career leading scorer on this roster with 25 international goals and is also tops on this roster with 33 international assists.
- Sophia Smith will make her fourth consecutive start as she earns her 14th cap overall for the USWNT. One of five players to start every match at the 2022 SheBelieves Cup, Smith is the youngest player in this starting lineup at 21 years-of-age and has one goal and three assists in her previous 13 caps.
- Alana Cook will start her sixth consecutive match for the USWNT as she earns her eighth cap overall. Cook leads the USWNT in minutes played in 2022 with 226, playing all but four minutes at the 2022 SheBelieves Cup.
- Cook’s first ever camp with the USWNT kicked off in Columbus of November of 2019 in what was also the first event for Andonovksi. She earned her first cap at the end of that camp, playing 90 minutes in a 6-0 win over Costa Rica on Nov. 10, 2019, in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Ohio-native Rose Lavelle will earn her 70th cap for the USWNT as she makes her second appearance of 2022. Lavelle, who becomes the 52n/a USWNT player to reach 70 caps, will have now appeared in 34 matches under head coach Vlatko Andonovski, the most of any player in his tenure with the USA.
- This will be Lavelle’s sixth match with the USWNT in her home state of Ohio and the first since scoring a goal and tallying three assists against Paraguay on Sep. 21, 2021, in her hometown of Cincinnati.
- Andi Sullivan will start for the ninth time in the USA’s last 10 matches as she makes her 26th career appearance for the USWNT. Sullivan, who appeared in just one match in 2020, has played the full 90 minutes in four of her last eight caps for the USA.
- Emily Fox will make her seventh consecutive start and earn her 12th cap overall for the USWNT. Fox will have now appeared in every match the USA has played since the October 2021 FIFA window, the only USWNT player to appear in all eight matches during that span.
- Catarina Macario will make her fourth start of the year as she earns her 16th cap overall for the USWNT. The 22-year-old Macario scored twice and had one assist in the SheBelieves Cup final vs. Iceland on Feb. 23 and was named the Visa SheBelieves Cup MVP. Starting with that match against Iceland, Macario has seven goals in his last six games combined overall for club and for country.